University of California – Los Angeles, Master of Arts
Expected Graduation: June 2015
Moving Image Archive Studies
University of Nebraska – Lincoln, Bachelor of Arts, May 2011
English and Film Studies
Study Abroad: Lancaster University
Lancaster, UK, Academic Year 2008-2009
WORK AND VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE
Intern, March 2015-present
UCLA Film & Television Archive, Santa Clarita, CA
- Identifying and rehousing films from the SabuCat Collection.
- Creating basic cataloging records for films that I have identified.
Graduate Work Study Student, September 2013-present
UCLA Film & Television Archive, Los Angeles, CA
- Researching films and filmmakers involved in the L.A. Rebellion movement.
- Revising website content for the Archive, including writing blog posts.
- Researching reviews and photos to be used to promote Archive screenings.
- Assisting with publicity outreach for the Archive’s programs.
Intern – JANM Home Movie Project, January 2015-March 2015
Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences Film Archive, Los Angeles, CA
- Created in-depth cataloging records and condition reports for home movies in the Japanese American National Museum (JANM) collection at the Academy Film Archive.
- Observed a color-correcting and timing session for digitized films in the home movie collection.
- Visited JANM to assist in the inventorying of the remaining home movies so they can be donated.
- Researched people and places featured in the films.
Intern, April 2014-June 2014
Western Costume Company, North Hollywood, CA
- Created a preservation plan for masks from The King and I (1956).
- Oversaw the selection of costumes for sale and auction.
- Researched costume labels to help provide a system for dating costumes.
Volunteer, October 2013
Home Movie Day, Los Angeles, CA
- Inspected 8mm and super 8mm films prior to projection.
- Assisted with attendee sign-up.
Audiovisual Archive Volunteer, March 2012 – August 2013
Nebraska State Historical Society, Lincoln, NE
- Cleaned and repaired 8mm and 16mm films in the collection.
- Collected information on decay and physical condition in order to determine proper treatment and storage methods for films.
- Composed shot lists for home movies and sponsored films.
- Studied professional literature on film preservation.
Seamstress and Assistant Manager, September 2011 – August 2013
Colea Alterations, Lincoln, NE
- Checked all finished garments to ensure quality of work.
- Performed fittings and alterations on a range of items from jeans to formals.
- Managed the workloads and schedules of other employees.
- Assisted with the training of fellow employees.
UCLA AMIA Student Chapter
- Arranging tours of local archives and businesses in the moving image archiving community.
- Organizing Student Chapter meetings and social events.
- Working with the Echo Park Film Center on creating a workshop to educate the community on proper archival methods for their media items.
- Helped to set up and lead a workshop on building portfolio websites with WordPress.
- Organized an essay-writing workshop in preparation for the MIAS comprehensive exam.
- Assisted the iotaCenter in indexing books in their collection.
Association of Moving Image Archivists
Member, September 2013 – present
- Presented a poster, “The Race to Save the History of Hollywood Park,” at the 2014 AMIA conference.
- Attended the 2013 AMIA conference.
Society of Motion Picture & Television Engineers
Member, September 2013 – present
- Mastery of Microsoft Office programs.
- Experience with FileMaker Pro.
- WordPress Essential Training Certificate Of Completion
- Experience editing websites using Drupal.
- Film handling experience, including glue and tape splicing and film inspection.
- Leadership and management experience.
Moving Image Archiving: History, Philosophy, and Practice (MIAS 200)
Preservation and Restoration (MIAS 210)
Archeology of Media (MIAS 220)
Cataloging Moving Images (MIAS 230)
Archival Administration (MIAS 240)
Access to Moving Image Collections (MIAS 250)
Bibliography and Methods of Research in Film and Television (FTVD 200)
Information Structures (IS 260)
American Archives and Manuscripts (IS 431)
Audiovisual Archiving in the 21st Century (Ethno C200)
Digital Asset Management (MIAS 298)
Intellectual Property Law for Librarians and Archivists (IS 289)
Introduction to Content Management Systems Using WordPress (IS 289)
Film and Society (FTV 219) (Currently enrolled)
Film Programming (FTV 298A) (Currently enrolled)